Trademarks are signs or symbols used in the course of trade to indicate the origin of goods or services. Trademark Property Rights are obtained through registration. Protection could also be available for unregistered trademarks provided that the owner could show that, the mark is known for more than mere local use or is well known.
Registration of a trademark will give the owner, the exclusive right to prevent others not having his consent from using his mark, or a similar mark that could be deceptive, for the goods or services for which the mark is registered or for similar goods or services.
On your instruction, we can:
- search for prior rights;
- advise on screening and clearance;
- file, manage application and opposition through registration before the competent national, European and international authorities: UIBM, EUIPO, WIPO;
- manage renewals and watch for environmental threats against the trademark;
- advise on licensing, assignment and profitability of the trademark;
- negotiate disputes settlement, prosecute infringements, counterfeiting and defend the validity of the trademark;
- activate enforcement measures and customs related assistance.