Registered Designs protect the appearance of the whole or a part of a product resulting from its features. In particular, the lines, contours, colours, shape, texture, materials or ornamentation of the product itself. Registered Design Property Rights are obtained through registration. Protection could also be available under the European Union Unregistered Design Right.
Registration of a Design will give the owner the exclusive right to prevent others not having his consent from using the design. In particular, the right prevents the making, offering, putting on the market, importing, exporting or using of a product in which the design is incorporated or to which it is applied.
On your instruction, we can:
- search for prior rights;
- file, manage application and/or opposition through registration before the competent national, european and international authorities: UIBM, EUIPO, WIPO;
- manage maintenance and renewals;
- watch for environmental threats against the Registered Design;
- advise on licensing, assignment and profitability of the Registered Design;
- negotiate disputes settlement, prosecute infringements, counterfeiting and defend the validity of the Registered Design;
- activate enforcement measures and customs related assistance.